Monday, July 6, 2009

Glad Life Isn't Fair!

Just wanted to share a God thought with you...mainly because they don't happen as often as I would like them to!! After obviously watching too much Fox News I started to feel a lot of doom and gloom about where our country is going and what it is going to mean for Christians. I felt an urgency to teach my children that life isn't fair and as Christians we aren't going to be treated fairly. Our rights and freedoms may be taken away. Although being a good thing to teach, God gave me a different perspective one day. As I was driving, I was listening to Mercy Me...I think the song is called God with Us. The lyrics "We are free... in ways that we never should be...." hit me! Even though in the future my rights and freedoms may be taken away as a Christian (freedom on the airways and in what can be said at church, even having home based bible study). I am free in ways that I should never be in Christ. I am free from guilt of sin, free from eternal death and so much more. So, instead of teaching my children that life isn't fair, I want to teach my children to be thankful that life isn't fair. Fair would mean a life separated from God. I would think it would be enough for us to barely get into heaven but God doesn't stop there! Rom 8:17 says we are co-heirs with Christ. That definitely isn't fair!! I still can't wrap my brain around that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment